ComicMix Quick Picks – March 4, 2009, very late
You know Hellblazer #63, the issue where John Constantine turns forty? Yesterday was like that for me, only with cheesecake. And today was definitely like that scene at the end.
So, now that I’m more or less recovered from that,
today’s yesterday’s list of quick items:
- Ed Brubaker, Zoe Bell, Lucy Lawless, Doug Jones, and Ted Raimi. Angel of Death. Online. Free. Enjoy.
Dean HaspielDylan Horrocks, Hicksville Comics. I for one think Hicksville needs a decent comics shop, you either have to go to Fourth World out in Smithtown or all the way into the city ever since the Batcave closed in Babylo– what? Online comics? Oh. Never mind. UPDATE: It’s Dylan, not Dean. Wrong monogram. Thanks, Iain.
- Amazon supplier loses warehouse lease, invites the public to loot its books. Heaven… I’m in heaven…
- ‘Watchmen’ has already broken a record: it will be debuting in 3,611 theaters, the highest ever for an R-rated film. IMAX’s web site has already crashed four times this week because of traffic surges by "Watchmen" fans looking for ticket info.
- Jim Carrey & Jake Gyllenhaal to Make Damn Musical Together? Apparently, the two are said to be attached to a new movie adaptation of the classic Broadway musical Damn Yankees. However, it will only be made if they can get a new 70,000 seat movie studio and tax breaks from New York City.
- Saturday Morning Watchmen. And another scream is heard from Northampton…
- 104 Ways to Hilariously Ruin the Watchmen Movie. And yet another scream is heard from Northampton…
- Happy Birthday, Mangablog!
- And finally, In Memoriam: Del Close, March 9, 1934 – March 4, 1999. Ten years gone and we still remember. Go take a look at his 10th annual farewell tour stop at Munden’s Bar.
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.