ComicMix Quick Picks – February 12, 2009
Today’s collection of items may not be worth a post of their own, but may be of interest:
- Twilight watch: Director Catherine Hardwicke declined a monster payday to direct the sequel New Moon, but she said no because she didn’t want to make the movie under the deadline and budget constraints that would have been placed on her. Edward actor Robert Patterson says he bores people in 2 minutes. And Stephen King says ‘Twilight’ author Stephenie Meyer ‘can’t write’.
- Jennifer de Guzman has had her hours cut 40%. Been there, done that. Courage, Jen. That said, I’m not sure I agree with her Publishers Weekly column, Can Creativity Save Comics from Troubled Times? I think it’s going to take new ways of doing business.
- Surprising stories behind 20 Muppet characters. Pepe the King Prawn’s full name is Pepino Rodrigo Serrano Gonzales? Coooool.
- D’Israeli gives this warning to colorists looking back at their works: Be Sure Your Sins Will Find You Out. Been there, too.
- And finally, Russ Rogers sent us this, a little ditty called "Batman’s Song" which, even though the writing pre-dates it, certainly sounds like the Batman’s lament from the Grant Morrison run…
Anything else we missed? Consider this an open thread.