ComicMix Quick Picks – January 30, 2009
- From America’s Finest News Source: Obama Disappointed Cabinet Failed To Understand His Reference To ‘Savage Sword Of Conan’ #24
- This year, the Bunny’s bringing mango juice: Red Dwarf returns for a two-part Easter weekend special on British digital channel Dave.
- If talking mice are more to your taste than a talking Cat, you’ll be glad to know that the next Narnia film (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader), dropped by Disney, has been picked up by Fox.
- In the Unnecessary Sequels Department: “Eagle Eye” co-writer Travis Wright is working on a sequel to Blade Runner, even if no one wants to look at it.
- And speaking of sequels, Angelina Jolie is definitely out of the picture for the “Tomb Raider” reboot; blog rumors tapped Megan Fox to replace her, but she says she doesn’t want the role.
- Earlier this week, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) announced their noms for this year’s GLAAD media awards, and several sf/fantasy dramas made a proud showing. Both Torchwood and True Blood are up for Outstanding Drama Series; Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural and the American remake of Life on Mars each got a nod for Outstanding Individual Episode (in a series without a regular LGBT character).
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.
Amy Goldschlager is an editor for FindingDulcinea.com.