Weekend Window Closing Wrap-Up: February 9th, 2014
Closing them on my browser so you can open them on yours, a list of various things that I haven’t had time to write full posts about. Here we go again…
- Big comics to TV news with AMC announcing “Preacher” from Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg & Sony TV and Syfy developing DC Comics-based future civil war series DMZ. Congrats to Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon, Brian Wood, and Riccardo Burchielli.
- We also understand that Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor in the sequel to [[[Man Of Steel]]]. Furthermore, we understand this is the retcon origin of his hatred of Superman:
- Joe Illidge has started writing THE COLOR BARRIER: A Message of Comics, Diversity & Hope over at CBR.
- A slightly different way comics have invaded our minds: Batman On Steroids: How The NFL On Fox Theme Song Was Born.
- With ticket sales for San Diego starting yesterday, here’s one person’s Good-Bye To All That: It’s Not You, It’s Me – The Comic-Con Break Up.
- I am a bit amazed that looking back at this article from Publisher’s Weekly on The Best Comics You’ll (Probably) Never Read, a few of them have actually come out. Does this mean that eventually we’ll even see D’arc Tangent #2? (Not a chance.)
- A blacksmith recreated Thor’s hammer. And you know what? It’s %$#@! heavy. Twenty pounds hollow– think of a bowling ball on a stick. Fill this mock Mjolnir up with metal and it would weigh two hundred pounds. The Mighty Thor, indeed.
- And in a moment of international good will from the Olympics, here’s Nina Paley’s Euro Heroes.
What else is out there? Consider this an open thread.