Enter Stan Lee’s World of Heroes
As if Stan Lee wasn’t busy enough, he’s apparently been involved in digital content development, the full scope of which will be revealed tomorrow during a panel discussion at Comic-Con International. The breakdown of properties, though, was released in advance of the formal announcement and since one of our pals is involved, we wanted to make sure you didn’t miss this news.
Vuguru and POW! Entertainment unveil the premium YouTube channel Stan Lee’s World of Heroes at a panel in Room 6BCF at 11:45 a.m. with a panel including Mark Hamill, Adrianne Curry, Peter David, Jace Hall, Bonnie Burton and America Young. The programming schedule includes:
- Stan Lee’s Super Model (scripted action comedy) – From Stan Lee, two aspiring models Bree and Sera and blogger friend Lizzie, are accidentally exposed to a mysterious serum that grants them super powers. Their newfound powers wreak havoc on their quest to become top models and pull them into a world of danger and intrigue. From Executive Producer Heath Corson (Aim High) and writer Taryn O’Neill (BlackBoxTV)
- Head Cases (scripted comedy) – You know those classic superhero battles where good and evil clash in epic fashion? This isn’t one of those. Set at the local bar frequented by super powered heroes and villains, the comedy Head Cases is what happens before, after, and in between those battles. From Peter David (Babylon 5, Ben 10, The Incredible Hulk) and Producer David M. Uslan.
- Bad Days (animated parody) – From Junaid Chundrigar (creator of the animated viral sensation Disassembled, Bad Days) shows us heroes and villains on their worst days. Whether Green Lantern is wasting time with an emerald Yo-Yo or Batman has locked himself out of the Batmobile, Bad Days lets viewers laugh at epic super failure.
- FanWars (courtroom reality) – Who is the most intelligent Super Villain of all time? FanWars gives opinionated fans (is there another kind?) a chance to discuss the most pressing issues in the World of Heroes. Producer and host Jace Hall (The Jace Hall Show, V, The Morning After) and a panel of celebrity experts pit fan against fan as they debate topics from comic books, superheroes, and science fiction.
- Stan Lee’s Academy of Heroes (makeover reality) – From producer Jon Kroll (Amazing Race, Blade), the series takes real life aspiring heroes from across the country and gives them the mentoring and training they need to take their fight for good to the next level.
- Stan’s Rants (opinion) – this weekly series features the spirit of the classic Stan’s Soap Box comic column, which explores the inner workings of the unique mind of Stan Lee. From behind his desk, Stan, tongue firmly in cheek, explains his thoughts on pop culture, upcoming films, the general state of the world and more, in this weekly series.