Apple unveils iPad, prescribed newest tablet
Once again, the mighty Steve Jobs took the stage in front of scads of Mac-o-philes to present them another device they need so bad it hurts. The iPad debuted to the standard “ooohs” and “oys”, and we here at ComicMix feel no need to wax poetic. We know you don’t care about our awesome alliteration adeptness. How about a little meat n’ potatoes:
- It’s meant to bridge the gap between a smart phone (like that iPhone already collecting dust in your pocket) and a laptop (that horrendously underpowered Macbook Pro heating up your desk).
- It operates on a hybrid OS from the iPhone, on it’s Apple A44 1ghz processor. Meaning you can use all 14.4 bajillion iPhone apps on it, right out of the box.
- iPhone apps will run at a pixel to pixel representation, or you can “double” the size at the same resolution for a faux-full screen effect.
- The aspect ratio is closer to 4:3 than 16:9… A 9.7″ IPS Display.
- Has already won this season’s American Idol (unconfirmed).
- The keyboard pops up like on an iPhone, though it’s now close to lifesize (as in your normal keyboard.)
- Full multi-touch display, allowing for two hands on to manipulate the screen.
- Full web-browsing capability. 802.11n, Bluetooth capable.
- Actually will consume other Netbooks to increase it’s own power. (unconfirmed)
- HD Youtube Access.
- It’s 1/2″ thin, and weighs in at 1.5 lbs.
- Capacity range from 16-64 GBs of storage
- 10 hours of battery life while watching video.
- Can operate Iron Man’s armor using iPod jack and Extremis app. (unconfirmed)
- Uses the ePub format for books, and iBook iPad app allows for purchases
from already signed publishing giants like Penguin, Harper Collins,
Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and more.
- No on board camera. Sorry Skypers.
- Will run from $499 for the 16 GB Wifi version, to $829 for the 64 GB + 3G version.
And you only only need to wait… 60 days.