ComicMix Quick Picks – September 22, 2009
Here are some of the things we didn’t get to on Monday, bullet-pointed for your reading pleasure:
- Alan Moore weighs in on Blackest Night in an otherwise interesting interview about the revival of Miracle/Marvelman, with predictable results and a huge fan backlash (as seen on the CBR Forums): “They didn’t need some upstart from England to come over there and tell them how to do comics. They’d got plenty of
ideas of their own. But these days, I increasingly get a sense of the
comics industry going through my trashcan like raccoons in the dead of
- Crayon Shin-Chan creator Yoshito Usui was found dead over the weekend, the victim of a hiking accident.
- Archie Comics has signed a deal with CAA, a major Hollywood talent agency, to help expand its properties into other media.
- Webcomics luminary John Allison has launched his new comic Bad Machinery in the wake of his recently-ended Scary Go Round.
- Newsarama’s got DC’s full December 2009 solicitations, now with 100% more controversial Blackest Night spoilers (hint: read the solicitation for Green Lantern Corps).
Anything else we missed? Consider this an open thread.