#SDCC: Guinness World Record-breaking
One of the vast hordes wandering around the San Diego Comic-Con was Craig Glenday, the Editor-in-Chief of Guinness World Records, who was busy handing out numerous certificates to various and sundry folks. To wit:
- Farscape for Most digital FX in a TV series (40-50 per ep, 7 days per ep, 22 ep a year! Season 3 alone: 1109 shots)
- DC Comics for Longest running monthly comic book (presented to Paul Levitz)
- Largest gathering of zombies, for the Zombie Parade that wandered the streets of San Diego looking for sweet, sweet braaaains.
- The most people ever to recite the Green Lantern oath in unison (still checking on that one).
- The 501st Legion for being the Largest Star Wars costuming group.
- Largest gathering of Steampunks.
- Doctor Who for “Most successful sci-fi show on TV”. According to Glenday, the record is based on longevity, DVD sales, spinoff books, iPlayer stats, downloads… (Yes, go ahead and argue that, you know you want to.)
- Longest line ever: getting into Hall H for the Twilight pa– okay, that last one probably isn’t a record. But I’ll bet it was in the running.
# The most people ever to recite the Green Lantern oath in unison (still checking on that one).Were there more than 360…0 of them?
Yes. But since the Guardians are now assigning two Green Lanterns per sector, that now makes it 7200. And I don't think there were more than 7200 in the room.
Did SDCC '09 get one for handing out the most Inkpots? I attended only about a half dozen panels and witnessed two being given out to people on stage. How many more were distributed?Not that the folks so honored did not deserve them, I have to add.