#SDCC: Mattel unleashes next wave of DC Plasticy Doom (Patrol)!
Folks walking the tiny (ahem) floor at the San-Diego Comic Con this weekend got a sneak peak at the 197 10th and 11th wave of Mattel’s DC Universe Classics line! While wave 10 continues to add another New God to it’s ranks, Wave 11 starts a whole new year of figures you’ll be stomping over kids in Wal-Mart for… That’s right, wave 11 introduces the Green Lantern Corps (and probably the multi-hued combatants forthcoming as well…)!
Thanks to actionfigurepics.com for the tasty info and pic-age!
Behind the glass this year fans got a glimpse of:
• Joker, with Cane, Laughing Fish, Playing Cards, and Giganto-Mallet!
• Batman, 90’s Michael Keaton-Style… with… giant… folding Bat-Computer thing?
• Power Girl, with Giant Bust, and Thighs with Walnut-Crushing-Power!
• Forager- with Shield and Wrist Blaster
• Beast Boy, Doom Patrol Style, with “I Transform into this!” Bird!
• Robotman, Doom Patrol Style, with “Important Device on My Chest” Accessory
• Man-Bat, with “I hope someone cares” Action!
• The Build-A-Figure appears to be none other than the Jack Kirby-esque “IMPERIEX”!
• Steppenwolf, In his Green and Red costumes (gotta love the variants!), packed with various swords and axes of villainy!
• The Question, Vic Sage Style… while the figure doesn’t show if the mask comes off, it too fails to capture the perfect Salmon colored shirt of the hit 80’s book.
• Cyborg Superman, Sinestro Corps Style, albeit with no shown battery.
• Deadman, with “Collar to Put Nightwing to Shame!” Action.
• John Stewart, with Green Constructs of a fist and large gun!
• Katma Tui, with Green Constructs of a beam sword, and shield!
• Shark!, With…. I’m sorry. Look at the picture of this…. this is a waste of plastic.
• The Build-A-Figure appears to be the Mighty Poozer Smackin’ Kilowog!
• “Animal Instinct!” – Includes Grant Morrison’s favvy tiny leather jacket clad Animal Man and everyone’s favorite ‘WTF’ character… B’wana Beast!
• “Sinestro Corps!” – Includes the dentist’s favorite lady in yellow, Karu-Sil (with trusty yellow construct of her playful pups) and the bizzaro-esque Romat Ru!
SUPER DUPER GIFT PACK!
• Save up your birthday money for the “Gotham City Five- Gift Pack” which includes Two-Face, Super-Friends Costumed “Exclusive” Lex Luthor, Batman and Superman, and Catwoman!