ComicMix Quick Picks – March 16, 2009
Today’s– okay, this past week’s– list of quick items:
- Newsarama.com : True Weird War Stories: Mike Grell & Mark Ryan on ‘The Pilgrim’. Mark and Mike spill a few more details about The Pilgrim; including what parts may be true, and what parts you are not yet ready to know… mwah-hah-hah.
- The world wide web just turned 20. Yes, you’re that old.
- An interview with Jess Nevins, Mighty Comics Annotator on Time.com: it must be horrifying to think that Alan Moore is messing with your head specifically.
- The 6 Meanest Things Critics Wrote About Watchmen. Pshaw, that’s not mean.
- The Adventures of Tin Tin the Anarchist: "Written during the struggles of 1980’s Britain, Tin Tin is a autonomist, class struggle, and insurrectionary story of ordinary people creating a revolution. It deals with issues within the movement such as sexism, homophobia, and racism, and also touches on violence, the nature and role of unions, and much more."
- A new collaborative search engine for movies, http://www.nanocrowd.com/. Interesting.
- And finally, actor Ron Silver died in NYC at age 62 of cancer. You can remember him from everything from The West Wing to Timecop, but to me, his greatest role was playing Ron Silver in Heat Vision and Jack.
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.