It’s that time of year again… a time when you need to remember just how got you’ve really got it. Because no matter how annoyed or inconvenienced or sad you may be,
somebody else out there has got it as bad or worse.
Just consider that somewhere today:
- Somebody will be missed at the table because they have to work.
- Somebody was in that car accident that kept you stuck in traffic for an extra hour.
- Somebody will be sharing dinner with someone who molested them– maybe earlier that day.
- Somebody will be wondering how they’re going to pay for this dinner now that the job’s gone.
Somebody will be able to smell the turkey, but for the first time not be able to see it. Others won’t be able to hear the dinner
conversation. A few won’t remember the people that they’re eating with.
- Some will have to make do with hospital food. Many of those folks will have to have help in being fed. Some won’t be able to keep their food down because of the chemo treatments.
- Some families will have no kitchen to cook a dinner this year. Some have no homes to have a dinner in. (And in the spirit of the holiday, some had their homes taken from them generations ago.)
For many, this will be their last Thanksgiving ever. Some folks will
know it and savor what they can. Others won’t know it’s the last one
until it’s too late.
- And somebody– too many somebodies– just won’t have any dinner at all.
For you and yours from all of us here at ComicMix, have a happy Thanksgiving. Be grateful for what you
have, mindful of what you have taken, and share what you can.
though it may be hard to remember all this when you’re stuck on the
road, just remember– the traffic behind you is worse. Be thankful.