#SDCC: Marvel’s Cup o’ Joe — Red She-Hulk, Deathlok, and Miracleman
Judging by the exhausted tweets and blog posts coming out of SDCC, it sounds like everyone there could use a Cup O’ Joe–which is good, because that’s what they’re getting as Joe Quesada, Jim McCann, Dan Buckley, Jeph Loeb, CB Cebulski and Steve Wacker revealed some of the biggest news of the convention. Special guests and announcements galore, all from the Marvel liveblog:
- Bob Gale is writing some Marvel.com Amazing Spider-Man stories in continuity — once every 2 weeks. You need to be a Marvel Digital Comics subscriber to read them
- Red She-Hulk will be appearing in Hulk, and is on the cover of #16.
- After Incredible Hulk #600, there are two Hulks, neither of them Banner, leading into World War Hulks.
- To kick off that event, John Romita, Jr. is doing a one-shot called World War Hulks Gamma, which kicks off with the death of “a major character.” It comes out in December.
- “We want to have digital plans, but not INSTEAD of, ” says Joe Quesada about a push towards digital comics.
- Within the next 6 weeks there will be news about the future of Marvel’s cosmic line of books.
- Thor is the next character to get a major push into the spotlight with the movie on the way.
- Dan Buckley said that there would be four or five Ultimate books a month, on average, beginning in January.
- Ultimatum #5 “should answer 90% of the questions that you may have regarding what we have been doing.” – Loeb
- Deadpool/Red Hulk with McGuiness on pencils, coming in August. Deadpool will be showing up in Hulk this fall.
- Joe Quesada revealed that the Dark Reign will last until December, but was otherwise mum.
- Charlie Huston and David Medina are doing 7 issues of a Marvel Knights Deathlok series.
- Quesada’s big announcement: Marvel has officially won the rights to Marvelman/Miracleman, and will be starting to publish stories featuring the character next year. It will be the CONTINUING adventures of the character, not a reboot. Mark Buckingham came on stage for the announcement. This is huge news, folks. Watch ComicMix for more.
For the blow-by-blow, and even more news, check out the Marvel liveblog. For more about the Marvelman announcement, don’t touch that dial, we’ll be following the story right here on ComicMix.com.