Forrest J Ackerman estate auction begins today
The most impressive science fiction collection in the world— and yes, I say it’s even more impressive than the one at Skywalker Ranch– will be going on the auction block today starting at 12 noon Pacific time, and continuing tomorrow, May 1st, at 11am Pacific time.
How impressive is it? Look at that photo to the right, which is lot #660 in the auction..
That’s a first edition of Dracula. Not impressed? It’s a first edition signed by the author, Bram Stoker.
That would be enough for most people– but not Forry. He went farther and got it autographed by Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Bill Obbagy, Ingrid Pitt, Karl Freund, Donald A. Reed, Barry Atwater, Maila Nurmi a.k.a. “Vampira”, Carla Laemmle, Carroll Borland, John Carradine, Raymond McNally, Ferdy Mayne, Paul Naschy, Barbara Leigh… and Bela Lugosi.
Take a look.
You can bid by phone or online. Or you can just download the catalogs and drool over…
- The dress Rita Hayworth wore in Gilda.
- The original art for Vampirella #1.
- Darth Maul’s lightsaber.
- The original head of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
- Dracula’s cape and signet ring.
- Cylons. Full size.
- Adam West’s Batman uniform and Lee Meriwether’s Catwoman outfit.
- Paintings from Rod Serling’s Night Galllery.
- Inspector Clouseau’s trenchcoat.
- The Voight-Kampff test manual from Blade Runner.
- Rambo’s bow and arrows.
- The hero crystal shard from The Dark Crystal.
- Ferris Bueller’s leather jacket.
- Swimsuits from Baywatch.
- The Shadow’s cloak, scarf, and fedora.
- Judge Dredd’s helmet.
- Lara Croft’s pistols.
- The Jumanji game.
- Terminators of all shapes and sizes.
- Batman’s cowl and cape.
- Riddler’s cane.
- Mr. Freeze’s armor.
- The Green Goblin’s trident.
- Zorro’s mask, cape, and whip.
- D’Artagnan and the Musketeer’s swords.
- Uncle Junior Soprano’s revolver.
- Alien eggs.
- Wolverine’s dogtags– hell, Wolverine’s claws.
- Autographs and photos and title cards from everybody.
- And yes– even a Golden Ticket.