ComicMix Quick Picks – March 9, 2009
Today’s list of quick items– Watchmen, Watchmen everywhere:
- Flickr: Bad viral marketing. See right.
- Dave Gibbons video on how 2000 AD influenced Watchmen.
- Also from Wired: Legendary Comics Writer Alan Moore on Superheroes, The League, and Making Magic
- From the Onion A/V Club: In the wake of Watchmen: 24 more graphic novels we’d like to see made into movies
- We Know Watchmen’s Box-Office Future. By these calculations, they’re guessing around $172 million domestic. That feels about right to me. The New York Observer, on the other hand, has no real idea and just throws out ideas, but they do have an interview with Damon Lindelof about Marketing Watchmen; he must have time now that Hulk vs. Wolverine is back on schedule.
- And finally, in lieu of a happy meal (because the movie is not for kids, Debbie) we have the Watchmen Bento Box (thank you, Lisa):
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.