ComicMix Quick Picks – February 20, 2009
Today’s list of quick items that don’t fill a full post on their own:
- This online TV thing really is taking off: Lost Finds 1.4 Million Viewers On ABC.com. Read the entire thing and get a look at how the TV landscape is changing, and more importantly, how the new rules don’t apply any more.
- With newspapers downsizing, even Clark Kent can be laid off. See Robert Cass, Rob Tornoe, Matt Manochio, and David Willis.
- Spent some time poking around PODcomix, which does fine art prints from a number of comics pros. Here’s where you can buy the Nexus painting.
- A Giant Midwest Mecca of Action Figures in Oklahoma from Wired. Also: How Comics Can Save Us From Scientific Ignorance.
- And sadly, Chuck Crayne, a major figure in the history of science fiction conrunning, passed away on Monday, February 16, on his 71st birthday. File 770 has a great writeup of who he was and what he accomplished.
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.