ComicMix Quick Picks – February 11, 2009
Today’s collection of items may not be worth a post of their own, but may be of interest:
- An online Heath Ledger fan club has put up an online petition calling for Warner Brothers to withdraw the role of the Joker from Batman movies once and for all. They already have over 2,000
supporters"freaks." They’re also on YouTube, Facebook and Flickr.
- The Battlestar Galactica prequel spinoff Caprica will be available on DVD and as a digital download on April 21 of this year but will not air until the show is ready to launch on SciFi– a full year later. Caprica, which will lay the groundwork for a 22-episode series scheduled to launch in 2010, is executive produced by BSG‘s Ronald D. Moore and David Eick and Remi Aubuchon (24) and stars Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales and Polly Walker.
- Blambot presents the grammar of comic book lettering.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years, The West Wing) will become lead math correspondent for the weekly Science Channel series Brink, joining host Josh Zepps. Danica graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with a degree in mathematics, is co-author of a published proof, and wrote two math books for junior high girls, called Math Doesn’t Suck: How to Survive Middle-School Math and not Break a Nail and Kiss My Math.
- The CW is collaborating with publisher Alloy Entertainment on a one-hour drama pilot adapted from the book series "The Vampire Diaries". Kevin Williamson (Scream) will write and executive produce, working alongside Julie Plec (Kyle XY). If the CW wanted vampires, why couldn’t they bring Buffy or Angel back?
Anything else we missed? Consider this an open thread.