Marvel Studios promotions
As Marvel’s Iron Man movie heads into production this week, we get word of a lot of promotions and changes of job titles at Marvel Studios. At the top, David Maisel is now Chairman of Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige is President of Production. Maisel, who joined Marvel in 2003, is credited for the conception and execution of the new film production effort, including establishing the strategy for self-financing the endeavor. Feige has worked on all of Marvel’s movies since 2000, and is currently producer on Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. In his expanded role, Feige will now also oversee creative for the studio’s animated projects for TV and DVD, as well as video games.
Additionally, Marvel Studios has recently added and promoted a number of executives in senior management, including:
- Tim Connors as EVP/Business Affairs and Operations
- Ross Fanger as EVP/Physical Production
- Michael Brown as SVP/Marketing
- Charlie Davis as SVP/Post Production
- Rod Smith as SVP/Production Finance
- Elizabeth Lynch as VP/Business and Legal Affairs
- Jean-Claude Boursiquot as Director/IT and Studio Technology
- Matt Finick as SVP/Studio Finance and Corporate Development
- Ryan Potter as Associate Counsel.
- Eric Rollman as EVP/Animation and Television
- Ames Kirschen as SVP and Executive Producer/Video Games
- Craig Kyle as SVP/Animation
- Jeremy Latcham as VP/Development and Production
- Stephen Broussard as Creative Executive
- Joshua Fine as Story Editor/Animation
With everybody moving up a notch or two, someone has to make way at the top — in this case it’s Michael Helfant, President and COO, who will "pursue other opportunities."