Win a Copy of Quarry the Complete First Season
Our pal, Max Allan Collins, has been writing stories about Quarry, the Vietnam veteran turned cold hitman, since 1976. Now Quarry is also a Cinemax series and our friends at the premium channel have given us a copy of Quarry the Complete First Season to give away.
To be considered for the prize, tell us what you find most appealing about the series, its premise and characters. We’re looking for interesting, well-considered commentary about the show not just a dashed off one-liner.
We want your entries no later than 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 10. The contest is open to United States and Canadian residents only and the decision of ComicMix‘s judges is final.
Set in and around Memphis during the early 1970s, Quarry is a thrilling action drama that centers on the character of Mac Conway, a Marine who returns home from a second tour of duty in Vietnam. With his relationship with his wife Joni growing tenuous, Mac finds himself tempted by a lucrative offer from The Broker, a shady criminal involved in a network of killing and corruption that spans the length of the Mississippi River. After a series of events, Mac – whom The Broker codenames “Quarry” – finds himself conscripted against his better judgment into The Broker’s crew, a turn of events that has dire consequences for both himself and Joni. Gripping and “startlingly good” (Yahoo! TV), with action packed storytelling, the first season of Quarry promises to not disappoint.
- Deleted Scenes – A fascinating selection of more than two dozen deleted scenes from Season 1.
- “Inside Quarry” – Get an inside look at each episode of Quarry with the cast and crew of the acclaimed series.
- “Quan Thang Inquiry Scenes” – Check out declassified interview footage in which Mac (Logan Marshall-Green) and other soldiers testify to the events of the Quan Thang tragedy.
- “About Quarry” – Delve inside the setting, characters and storylines of Quarry with the cast and crew.
- “Music of Memphis” – Join the cast and crew for an inside look at the classic R&B soundtrack and live music seen in the show.
- “Recreating 1972” – The cast and crew of Quarry reveal how they turned back the clock to recreate the sets and styles of Memphis in 1972.
- “Love Letters” – Hear the recorded correspondence between Mac and Joni while he served in Vietnam.
- “Car Chase Picture in Picture” – Join Quarry star Logan Marshall-Green for this action-packed look at the staging of a rough-and-tumble car chase from the series.
- Music Videos – Watch a collection of music videos featuring some of the blistering tracks from the series’.
Other cast members include: Nikki Amuka-Bird (“Luther”) as Ruth, a hardworking mother who is Joni’s close friend; Damon Herriman (“Justified”) as Buddy; Edoardo Ballerini as Karl, and Mustafa Shakir as Moses, three of The Broker’s most capable and ruthless henchmen; Jamie Hector as Arthur, Ruth’s husband and Mac’s best friend, who is also a Vietnam vet; Ann Dowd as Naomi, Buddy’s doting but unconventional mother; Skipp Sudduth as Lloyd, Mac’s father; Josh Randall as Detective Tommy Olsen, a dedicated member of the Memphis Police Department; and Kurt Yaeger as Suggs, who has fallen within The Broker’s sights.