ComicMix Quick Picks: May 19, 2011
Closing them in our browsers so you can open them on yours…
- In honor of the start of principal photography on The Dark Knight Rises, we present this picture from Dan Hipp.
- A Guide To The Complete Works Of Newt Gingrich, Novelist: With special thanks to William R. Fortschen. (Publishing humor, ain’t it hilarious?)
- And if we include comic writers, the averages get worse.
- Syfy’s Craig Engler Responds To Fans Of ‘Stargate Universe’ In Wake Of Cancellation: There’s no easy way to go after this without picking on Craig, but it seems to me he’s oversimplifying things here. Still, a decent primer for the average person on many of the points that go into a cancellation, with lessons that can be applied to why your favorite comic book got the axe.
- Free Comic Book Day 2011: A Look Back | The Beat – Torsten Adair gives a balanced look back at the long-term success over the last ten years, at something I still think should be focused at Halloween as well.
- What Really Happens After a Radioactive Spider Bite
- Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Blames iPad For American Unemployment (VIDEO) Which is not without merit– it may make life better for comic creators, but it makes things rougher on comic book stores.
- Seth MacFarlane to Reboot The Flintstones: Can he do FOUR prime-time animated comedies? We’ll soon find out…
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.