Nominations for the PULP ARK Awards are now open and will close January 31, 2011. The awards are given in conjunction with Pulp Ark, the convention/creators’ conference to be held in Batesville, AR, May 13-15, 2011.
The only works eligible are those produced between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Anyone can make a nomination and anyone that makes a nomination will receive a ballot. The only people voting in these nine awards will be those who made a minimum of one nomination. Also, each individual is allowed only ONE NOMINATION PER CATEGORY. A person may nominate someone in all nine categories, but may only nominate once in each category. All nominations are confidential and sources of nominations will not be revealed. All nominations should be mailed to Tommy Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The categories open for nomination are (in no particular order and this can be cut and pasted for your nominations ballot):
1. Best Book (this includes prose novels, short story collections, anthologies. It includes ebooks as well as traditionally printed works)
2. Best short story (this includes stories that appear in short story collections, anthologies, magazines, and e magazines. If from an e-mag, the story must appear on a site identified as an e-magazine, not simply be posted on a site or blog. It includes epublications as well as traditionally printed works.
3. Best Cover Art (This is restricted to prose book publications, including ebooks)
4. Best Interior Art (This is restricted to prose book publications, including ebooks)
5. Best Pulp Related Comic (This refers to a series, complete run, one shot, etc. This award is for art, writing, and all other work associated with the nominated comics and the winner. This includes epublications as well. )
6. Best Pulp Magazine (This award is for art, writing, and all other work associated with the nominated comics and the winner. This includes epublications as well, but the epublication must be identified as an emagazine on the site supporting it. )
7. Best Pulp Revival (The Revival nominated must be published within the calendar year of 2010. This includes epublications as well.)
8. Best Author (This reward refers to the author and any published author is eligible, including novels, short stories, etc. This includes epublications as well).
9. Best New Writer (To be nominated, a writer must have been published for the first time in the pulp field in the calendar year of 2010. This includes epublications as well).