#SDCC: ‘Chuck’ Amuck
Man, is the Twerd Herd out in force for this panel. Not surprising, considering the subject matter, but– wow.
Chuck came back to Comic-Con, to thank all the people who yelled and screamed and supported the show hard enough to help save it while it was on the bubble of cancellation. On hand were executive producers and co-creators Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak, joined by series stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Sarah Lancaster, Scott Krinsky (strolling on stage with his keytar to the tune of “Fat Bottomed Girls” while everyone else played air instruments) and Adam Baldwin, who was on a day pass from doing all those Joss Whedon panels.
Major takeaways from the panel:
- Chuck Season 2 DVDs will be out in 2010, probably right before whenever the third season airs and that date isn’t locked yet. It will feature 3D episode, behind the scenes footage, Captain Awesome’s tips for being awesome, and Casey’s spy tips.
- Josh Gomez jokingly addressed the budget cuts required for the renewal: “This season, we can only afford to have Adam Baldwin grunt.”
- Captain Awesome is ready for his “call to duty” in Season 3. He’ll occasionally be submerged into the spy world as well.
- Zac Levi wants his own action figure so he can fight Jayne.
- Chris Fedak was taking notes of all the ideas generated by the Q&A section, including whether Chuck got languages downloaded, Casey’s parents, and a musical episode.
- http://www.chuckmeout.com/ is a new hub for the Chuck fan community that launched today.