‘Doctor Who’ Tidbits Emerge
Fans around the world are eagerly counting down the days until Santa Claus comes bearing gifts. They also eagerly anticipate the annual Doctor Who Christmas Special, which debuts on the BBC Christmas Day. No domestic airdate has been given for this or the four 2009 specials.
Reviews and commentary have started to sprout up on the web and here are some samples:
Digital Spy delivers ten spoilers for the Christmas special:
1. The mysterious Cybershades can jump quite high.
2. Neither the Doctor nor the Other Doctor recognizes each other. But the latter doesn’t remember much anyway.
3. There are two words that the Doctor never refuses.
4. The Other Doctor has a TARDIS – and it’s magnificent.
5. For a while Rosita becomes the Doctor’s companion (but then you’ll know that already if you’ve read our interview with the lovely Velile Tshabalala).
6. The script includes the customary line "what about the children?"
7. At least one previous incarnation of the Doctor makes an appearance.
8. Miss Hartigan (Dervla Kirwan) is a very special lady.
9. The Other Doctor’s fobwatch is a very important clue.
10. "I suppose ** *** ***, **** ***** ** *****."
Apparently, clips will allow fans to see previous Doctors, perhaps all of them.
They also report that the Doctor’s companion, Rosita, is a prostitute who is attacked by Cyberman and is rescued by the other Doctor (David Morrissey) before encountering Tennant’s Doctor.
The TARDIS apparently figures largely in the story and may well be the catalyst for the four 2009 specials.