Casting News Notes
Comic fans love to play imaginary casting games. Now that comic book movies have become big business, the folks with real money have the means to make those games come true. Here’s the latest casting news, both rumored and factual (at least for now):
- Jessica Biel to play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League movie? Variety reports talks are in progress. At least she won’t have to dye the hair this time. (Oh no, wait, that was Jessica Alba, wasn’t it? Sometimes all Jessicas look alike to me…)
- Sarah Paulson of Studio 60 has joined the cast of the Frank Miller-directed The Spirit. She will probably not be playing Dolphin Girl.
- English actor Dominic West is slated to play the villain Jigsaw in The Punisher: War Zone flick.
- The cast of Repo! The Genetic Opera includes Paris Hilton, Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino and Alexa Vega. "Set in the not-so-distant future, the production tells the story of an epidemic of organ failures that devastates the planet, killing tens of millions. As scientists feverishly make plans for a massive organ harvest program, a multi-billion dollar biotech company called GeneCo begins to manufacture salvation — for a price — offering simple payment plans to those lacking the necessary funds to purchase new body parts outright. But all financed organs are subject to default procedures, including repossession at the hand of the notorious organ repo men." And it’s a musical. My head hurts just thinking about this one.
- Lastly, Nichelle Nichols gives some advice to Zoe Saldana on playing Uhura in the upcoming Star Trek prequel movie.
As with any casting news, this could all change tomorrow, so stay tuned!