MIKE RAUB: Behind the Broadcast!
The week long look at the toy scene on The Big ComicMix Broadcast gave us a stack of sticky notes to pass on. Grab your mouse and dive in!
• We were only able to touch on the vast quantity of exclusive figures offered by Time And Space toys. There is a lot to see at their online store here . Make sure you have some time to spend when you go there as you will get lost in the virtual aisles – and it won’t hurt to have your wallet handy either.
• If getting your prize toys graded and preserved is of interest, then here is where you should go to explore the services of Action Figure Authority. One thing we found of interest is that they offer "plexicases" that open and close if you just prefer to get your prizes something cool to be stored in rather than have them sealed and graded.
• News on Mattel’s plans for the DC Universe heroes is coming out a bit at a time and the best place to get advance looks at the new lines are on the better action figure bulletin boards. Those include Action Figure Insider, Action Figure Times and Action-Figure. These are also excellent places to interact with Mattel’s marketing people and let them know just who you would like to se on the shelves in 2008 (repeat after me "JSA! JSA! JSA!")
• It’s hard to believe that Vampirella has been around for nearly 40 years, but then again we are talking one of the undead. If you’d like to catch up and see what’s going on in the series these days, you can see that full issue of Vengeance of Vampirella free here.
• NBM/Papercutz revival of Classics Illustrated is also previewed online. Set to premiere in a soft and hardcover version in November, you can see some of French artist Michael Plessix’s work on Wind In The Willows here.
Catch us The Big ComicMix Broadcast Tuesday with our rundown of the newest comics and DVDs and later in the week we talk to a creator who has one of the biggest "buzz" books out there. It involves girls, comic stores and panties!
Mike Raub is the producer of The Big ComicMix Broadcast.