Weekend Window-Closing Wrap Up: November 17, 2013
Once again, closing windows on my computer so you can open them up on yours.
- The Literary Darknet of Independent Publishing: “The invisible, generally unregulated ocean of written content coming onto the market from the self-publishing community is, in some ways, a literary equivalent of the Darknet. This tremendous volume of content is far greater than any current social-based review system can handle, not only from a sexual content standpoint, but from a review and discovery standpoint.”
- 8 cover design secrets publishers use to manipulate readers into buying books
- Tom Hiddleston compares you to a summer’s day. Yes, just you.
- Modern art was CIA ‘weapon’: And since so much modern art was taken from comics, we can say that comics beat the Soviets.
- Today is a good day to take office: New York Elected Klingon General Martok.
- Why Margaret Atwood will not blurb your book. (With apologies to Lewis Carroll and Robert Southey.)
- We were very sorry to hear of the passing of Joey Manley, webcomics pioneer.
- Modern Renaissance Superhero Designs: Altered Art | Design.org
- 5 Ways to Save Money (and Earn More) with Your Design Business
- Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies | poster
- The Self-Absorbing Man: A Cover and 3 Questions
- We Love Comics! | The World of Crowd-funded Comics!
- Pixar Style Superheroes And Supervillains
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.
- RIP Joey Manley (comicsbeat.com)