Wednesday Window-Closing Wrap Up: September 21, 2011
- The 5 Most Awesome (and 5 Most Annoying) Robot Sidekicks
- 5 Horrible Diseases That Changed The World (For the Better)
- The freefall of Japan’s anime industry and Japanese Anime Studios Feel Pressure From Unhappy Artists and Outsourcing: Just as some people look at the Japanese Financial Crisis that started a decade ago to look at where the American Financial Crisis is heading, so we can look at these articles about the Japanese Anime and Mange Industry a few years back and see a possible future for US comics.
- 4thletter! : The problem with “black Spider-Man” is…
- How 8 Comic Strip Characters Will Die
- Worst Comic Book Fails Ever (Note: this is just what appeared in print, not any of the behind the scenes fails. That could fill hundreds of posts.)
- Disney exec: Studios should lean on tentpoles: Or why we aren’t going to run out of superhero films for a while yet.
- Fringe musical mocks Julie Taymor and ‘Spider-Man’
- Data-Crunching Program Guides Santa Cruz Police Before a Crime: Tom Cruise was unavailable for comment.
- 5 most needless movie remakes
- F-bombs dropping by the cluster in PG-13 movies: No shit…?
- J. Jonah Jameson: Adam-Troy Castro asks, “Just What the Heck Is That Guy’s Major Malfunction, Anyway?”
Nothing will ever make him change his mind. Logic won’t do it. Integrity won’t do it. The evidence of his own two eyes won’t do it. The sage counsel of his most trusted advisors won’t do it. The awareness that he owes his life, and his son’s life, and the lives of everybody he knows, won’t do it. J. Jonah Jameson, publisher of the tabloid Daily Bugle, will never admit that he was wrong.
- Could probiotic yogurt be changing your behavior? and People Who Gained Superpowers From Being Brainwashed: A smart comic book writer could combine these two stories…
- Grant Morrison: Psychedelic Superhero
- 10 Real Life “Memoirs” That Read Like Scifi and Fantasy Stories
- Watch Sylvester McCoy deliver Matt Smith’s Pandorica speech from Doctor Who
- 10 Actual Mistakes that Syfy Has Made Over the Years
- Ex-employee sues Borders over mass layoffs – Yahoo! News: One more final screwup Borders made on the way to the grave…
- Something very interesting just happened to Scott Kurtz on Twitter… and it’s a tough look at the future.
- China wants to build a $126-million comic book museum shaped like giant speech bubbles
- Dracula Mystery Club mocks sparkly vampire romance without mercy
- Que Malo, Narcos! Mexico attacks cartels with comics
- Batman Completion: [Comics]: Batman #3, “The Strange Case of the Diabolical Puppet Master”
- Awesome Sandcrawler Building Is George Lucas’ First Good Idea in 28 Years
- Marc Andreyko Reviews Green Lantern, Batwoman & DC Reboots
- Letters of Note: With great respect, Marge Simpson
We just have to clean out our browsers more often…