Accidental Overdose Killed Heath Ledger
Actor Heath Ledger, who was found dead in a Manhattan apartment on Jan. 22, died due to a lethal combination of various painkillers, anti-anxiety medication and sleeping aids, according to the New York City Medical Examiner.
According to an Associated Press report posted today, Ledger’s body contained a mixture of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.
There was no information provided about the levels of the various drugs found in Ledger’s system.
Ledger’s publicist released the following statement from Ledger’s father, Kim:
"While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."