UK Fans can Aim for Dead Center Oct. 11
ARROW FILMS is pleased to make available the International trailer for THE DEAD CENTER, the brand-new thriller from “a masterful new voice in terror” (Nerdist), Billy Senese, director of the acclaimed A Frankenstein Story. Helmed by genre stalwart Shane Carruth, the creator of Primer and Upstream Color, THE DEAD CENTER is a unique tale of existential terror that explores the demons that live inside of all of us. The film features exceptional supporting performances from Jeremy Childs (Preacher) and Poorna Jagannathan (Big Little Lies).
In further news, ARROW FILMS is also delighted to announce that they have acquired world-wide rights to the film. Fran Simeoni, Arrow’s Director of Content and Distribution, had this to say:
“We have had a fantastic experience working on THE DEAD CENTER with Billy, from the trade and critical response to fans and our own enjoyment of building the campaign and assets. It’s always a gift to be able to work on films you enjoy and that offer so many opportunities and this has been a pleasure to do so in collaboration with Billy. To extend our investment on the film to a global level was the next logical step and we look forward to bringing the film to more audiences.”
Director / Producer Billy Senese adds:
“My relationship with Arrow began with them acquiring the rights to my film, THE DEAD CENTER, in a few of the larger territories. But as we worked closely together on the release, I knew I was in the right place. It was a natural transition to lock in a worldwide deal with them. They’ve shown a true investment in my film. Not only with the money side of things, but with their time and care. They are curators. As a filmmaker, this is very important to me. Being with Arrow has been a great partnership, and I look forward to our upcoming release.”
The Dead Center will be released in UK and US Cinemas, and on 4k Digital HD, on October 11, 2019 and available to buy on DVD & Blu-ray from October 14. Pre-order the Blu-ray here: http://bit.ly/DEADCENTER.
WHEN JOHN DOE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, HE BROUGHT SOMETHING BACK.
When a very dead suicide victim (Jeremy Childs, Preacher, Nashville) disappears from the morgue, it sets in motion a chain of events that has the power to immolate everything, and everyone, it touches.
Troubled psychiatrist Daniel Forrester (Shane Carruth, Primer, Upstream Color) is drawn to help a mysterious patient who is brought to the emergency psych ward in a catatonic state with no memory of how he reached the hospital. As if to exorcise his own demons, the doctor feverishly tries to break through to his mysterious patient. But as a spate of mysterious deaths shake the ward to its core, Forrester comes to suspect that there is more to his new ward than meets the eye. As he comes to realize what he’s unleashed, a desperate race against the forces of evil threatens to swallow him whole.
The Dead Center is a smart supernatural thriller that explores the demons that live inside all of us from writer-director Billy Senese, recently hailed as a “masterful new voice in terror” (Nerdist).
Runtime: 93 mins approx. (DVD and BD)
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation
• 5.1 DTS-HD master audio and lossless stereo audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Commentary with writer-director Billy Senese, producer-actor Shane Carruth and co-star Jeremy Childs
• Commentary with writer-director Billy Senese, producers Denis Deck and Jonathan Rogers, and cinematographer Andy Duensing
• A Walk Through The Dead Center, an in-depth making-of documentary featuring new interviews with writer-director Billy Senese, producer-actor Shane Carruth, cinematographer Andy Duensing, and many others revisiting the locations and discussing the production
• Nine deleted scenes, including an alternate ending
• On-set interviews with actors Shane Carruth and Poorna Jagannathan
• Head-Casting with Jeremy Childs, a brief look at the creation of the make-up effects seen in the climax of the film
• Intruder, a short film from 2011 directed by Billy Senese and starring Jeremy Childs
• The Suicide Tapes, the original short film from 2010 directed by Senese and starring Childs that later inspired The Dead Center
• Midnight Radio Theater, six chilling radio plays (“Insomnia”, “The Long Weekend”, “Disposable Life”, “The Suicide Tapes”, “The Woman In The Basement”, “Blood Oath”, “Flu”) written, produced and directed by Billy Senese
• Theatrical trailer and teasers
• Image gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring new and original artwork
• FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jamie Graham