Win a First Man Blu-ray
Somewhat overlooked in the fall, Damien Chazelle’s First Man, the Neil Armstrong biopic with Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy, already hit digital streaming. But, the Blu-ray release is scheduled for January 22 and thanks to our friends at Universal Home Entertainment, we have one copy of the disc to give away.
To win, post your reasons why man should return to the Moon before attempting a Mars mission. It has to be a serious, well-reasoned argument. All entries need to be posted no later than 11:59 p.m., Monday, January 21. The contest is only open to US and Canadian readers and the decision of the ComicMix judges will be final.
· Deleted Scenes
· Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
· Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
· Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
· Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
· Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
· Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
· Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
· Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filmingFIRST MAN.
· Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross