Weekend Window Closing Wrap Up: December 22, 2013
Closing them on my desktop so you can open them on yours. Here we go:
- Trading on Charlie Brown’s good name: What a cheap ripoff.
- I Am So Very Tired:
I am tired, not of arguing in favour of equality, diversity and tolerance, but of having to explain, over and over and over again, why such arguments are still necessary, only to have my evidence casually dismissed by someone too oblivious to realise that their dismissal of the problem is itself a textbook example of the fucking problem. I am tired of being mocked by hypocrites who think that a single lazy counterexample is sufficient to debunk the fifteen detailed examples they demanded I produce before they’d even accept my point as a hypothetical, let alone valid, argument…. In short, I’m tired of being a female geek.
- Read the whole thing.
- MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Storyboards
- Controversies Inside the World of Science Fiction and Fantasy: We need to write one of these for comics. Nominations? I can think of a few people…
- Just One Book and I fell so hard, hard, haaard…
- Inside Tokyo’s Insane Robot Restaurant
- Late to the public congratulations: Avatar Press Announces Bleeding Cool’s First Editor-in-Chief, Hannah Means-Shannon. Good luck keeping Rich in line.
- Power Armor: A Love Story by David Barr Kirtley | Lightspeed Magazine: Is an iron man really invincible?
- Absolutely invaluable for being a comics professional: The Business of Cartooning by Jim Keefe. Also read his observations on Work for Hire. And you probably should have at least a passing familiarity with How to Manage Your Money.
- Miracleman color comparisons.
- It’s that time of year for the year end wrap ups. 29 Must-Read Web Comics Of 2013 from Buzzfeed, the best mainstream and superhero comics of 2013 from The A.V. Club, the Best Comic Books of 2013 according to Comics Alliance, and the Best Graphic Novels of 2013 from New York magazine. Also the 30 Best Movie Posters of 2013 and a Baker’s Dozen of comics fanboy W. Kamau Bell’s favorite “Totally Biased” clips.
- And finally, The Legion of Real Life Supervillains by Butcher Billy on Behance.
What else? Consider this an open thread.