Cast Your Vote in Round 3 of the Mix March Madness 2013 Webcomics Tournament!

Glenn Hauman

Glenn is VP of Production at ComicMix. He has written Star Trek and X-Men stories and worked for DC Comics, Simon & Schuster, Random House, arrogant/MGMS and Apple Comics. He's also what happens when a Young Turk of publishing gets old.

You may also like...

19 Responses

1. Will says:

Awww, RIP LFG. :( Gogo OOTS and GWS, you’re all I have left of old favorites :( For new discoveries, rooting for Manly Guys all the way! Good luck to all who have made it this far.

• Sordy says:

Read Manly Guy last night – Not going on my bookmarks.

• Will says:

It’s not for everyone, I enjoyed it. I did a full read of Unsounded since LFG lost to it, really great comic, good artwork, involved story. Also, very glad it’s a much cleaner contest so far this year.

2. Fish says:

hmmm I wonder if Homestuck will actually win this year

the fanbase keeps diverging from traditional webcomic reader demographics so it’ll be hard to get the word out but hmmm

• kgy121 says:

Considering that the only reason I, for one, knew that this was happening is because I read NAV, and they had a link to the tournament.

Since at this point Unsounded is nearly tied with them, I’m curious as to what it’s about.

• Fish says:

Yeah I’m not sure Homestuck’s author will link it this year. If he doesn’t, I doubt we’ll make it to the final round.

Unsounded is cool! I like the art, and the plot is pretty original. Not as good as homestuck though.

3. Jarin says:

No Facebook, no Twitter. Bite me.

• Glenn Hauman says:

We’re working on WordPress logins next, which you seem to have. In the meantime, you’re invited to donate to the Hero Initiative and vote that way.

4. Chris says:

Well played by me, managed to miss the “Which comic are your votes going to” box. Votes from the donation associated with this email address to Grrl Power please.

• nameless bastard says:

Yay, Grrl Power! Good to see another supporter, and I’m glad the Donate button works for those of us without facebook credentials. Grrl Power is kind of an underdog, now that I see the competition.

I’d never heard of most of these comics until this tournament, which I only knew about because of a link I followed from Grrl Power. As much as I like some of these, like Unsounded and Red Tail’s Dream, I feel like I should dance with who brung me, so to speak. If I don’t have to pay next time, I think I’ll vote for more than one favorite. Right now, I hope Grrl Power will make it to the next round. Popular or not, I highly recommend it. :)

5. Ayana Sakura says:

One day, we will be in this: http://www.cabrash.com

And if we ever are, it will be literally one day.

6. Lukkai says:

Hmm… The first five pairings are somehow messed up for me. Talking about the graphics here in the poll of course, not the participants. ;)

Also my favourite unfortunately lost. You will be missed, EGS! :(

Also @Leonard Lemonfresh: Die haben sich selbst zurückgezogen aufgrund der üblen Flamewars beim letzten Mal.

7. Dvn.Rizuki says:

Go my 2 favorites, Commander Kitty and Sandra and Woo!!

I’m still vote for another comics that I less known, keep doing comics!

8. nameless bastard says:

I think I forgot to say which comic I was voting for on my last donation. If so, please give those votes to Grrl Power. Thanks.

9. Maudi Algabban says:

The new “Commander Kitty” after 2009 SUCKS!!!! I really hate it!!!! If you go to http://sully.byethost18.com/ck.htm , you can look how real “Commander Kitty” will look like!!!! I TOTALLY miss the OLD “Commander Kitty” BEFORE 2009!!!!

1. March 14, 2013

[…] 2nd UPDATE! Commander Kitty advances! New wallpapers coming soon! I have a sneaky hunch exactly how this is happening, and I can only enjoy the ride! They are allowing you to make donations to their charity in exchange for more votes. Ten cents per vote going to a good cause, so it’s safe to presume there is some moneybags out there generously stuffing the ballot box! (now who could that be?) But they still allow votes the old fashioned way (with a Facebook account) so vote again for CK! […]

2. March 14, 2013

[…] the Stick, which is legitimately one of the big dogs in webcomics. So rally up the posse and head over to vote! They updated the vote widget so you can log in with your Twitter account now as well as your […]

3. March 14, 2013

[…] ComicMix Webcomic tourney is on to round three now, and we’re up against Order of the Stick – Yikes! Comicmix had […]