ComicMix Quick Picks: June 3, 2011
Closing windows while waiting on line for X-Men: First Class, so here we go as the foreman looks and the sundial on his wrist and pulls the bird’s tail:
- I’m not sure if Hard Rock Café’s “Tears in Heaven” poster is awesome or appalling, but I do know it’s comics.
- I keep forgetting if I’ve mentioned The Comic Treadmill: Amazing Heroes Preview Special (1985) so I’m linking to it just so I can close the window.
- Depressed people make better decisions than happy ones: Insert your own explanation of the comics business here.
- If Kagan McLeod’s Kung Fu really was infinite, there would be many more than 30 parts. But what’s here is dang impressive.
- Another window open a bit long, but still pitch perfect: Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Dead, Vader Says – Galactic Empire Times
- It’s not just comics that are losing readers, TV ownership takes a hit for the first time in 20 years.
- Why yes, article entitled “Logical punctuation: Should we start placing commas outside quotation marks? – By Ben Yagoda – Slate Magazine“, I believe we should. #addtoComicMixStyleGuide
- Smallville Finale Plugs Hold The Line At $2.99 proving once and for all it’s a fantasy. Or it took place in the past. Or something.
- And finally, Neal Adams SON O’ GOD ORIGIN National Lampoon 1974 ART on eBay. Oy, if only I had the money…
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.