Weekend Window Closing Wrap Up: April 22, 2010
- Heavenly Heroines and their Facebook page. My favorite bit on their page: the birthday listed is August 25, 1959, and they went to Midvale High School.
- The Comics Journal No. 56, June 1980 was the first issue of the magazine I ever read, featuring an interview with Michael Fleisher; reviews of Batman, Tomb of Dracula, and Legion of Super-Heroes; and an illustration of Princess Python by Dennis Fujitake that caught my father’s attention because it was topless.
- The Electronic Publishing Bingo Card by John Scalzi. Yes, I heard these claims being made well over a decade ago– and a lot of them still require the effort to make them work. Related: Are eBooks the new Content Farms?, The Kindle Swindle, Jane Friedman’ Enigma Variations, and The Dark Side of Kindle Publishing
- 5 Amazing Things Invented by Donald Duck (Seriously) | Cracked.com
- Japan Disaster Will Have Greater Financial Impact on Disney Than ‘Mars Needs Moms’ (Analyst) – The Hollywood Reporter: it’s insane that the impact of what could be the world’s greatest natural disaster might only have three or four times the impact of that movie on Disney’s bottom line. I’m not sure which number is out of scale more.
- Science fiction movie produced in 48 hours
- Missed this at the time in March: Chris Burnham Accepts Exclusive with DC Comics. Congrats, fella– we’d like to say “we knew him when”.
James Bond 23 and James Bond 24 Will Be Distributed by Sony and MGM – MovieWeb.com
- George R.R. Martin: Game of Thrones Writer’s Top 10 Fantasy Films and Game of Thrones for Newbies: We Put a Complicated Show in Familiar Terms. Start watching now, the show has already been picked up for a second season after only one episode.
- MinimumComics: 102 – Conventions
- How To Steal Like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me) – Austin Kleon
Ugh– and I still have dozens of tabs open. But this should do for a start.