DC’s Next Cryptic Image Unveiled
Once again, the fine folks at the DC Source Blog have given us a sneak peak at yet another cryptic image. Well, not so much 1 image and a collection of White Lantern covers that have/are/will be gracing comic retailers shelves throughout the nation. As always, we here at Comicmix like to help you, our devoted fans, to deciphering the latest Dan DiDio “figgur’ it out” poster. Above you’ll find the piece (and for a larger version, click here) and below you’ll find our predictions. Let the snarking observing begin!
- Take note that Jade sits in a row with Captain Boomerang, Reverse Flash, Osiris, and Max Lord. This proves she’s evil. Like all women.
- Hawk and Deadman both sit perched ready to act. This is a signal both have to go to the bathroom. Or stone chairs wreck havok on one’s posterior.
- Note that Firestorm has no mouth. This is a signal that Geoff Johns isn’t sure how to write dialogue for a half black intelligent Jason Rauch and half white douchebag Ronnie Raymond. When they combine, Firestorm is better off not saying anything at all… and looking cool.
- Hawkman and Hawkgirl aren’t looking at each other. Looks like someone forgot the put the seat down… and someone should stop buying her makeup at retail. Museum curating isn’t a well paying gig, damnit!
- Martian Manhunter and Maxwell Lord sit opposite each other, contemplating how long they have until people remember they don’t care about them.
- Aquaman sits aloof, casually presenting the 180th design of his trident.
- Behind all these resurrected folks is a tableau of the captured avatars, Necron, and that creepy hooded midget. This actually isn’t a clue… it’s a piece painted by Bruce Wayne while he was bored in the past. Batman can do anything.
- Within that tableau, did you catch the white hand of creation Krona saw? We didn’t either.
- If you stare long enough and lose your focus, like a magic eye, you can see Darkseid, Necron, Superboy Prime and the Anti-Monitor giving you the finger.
We hope that helps you figure out what’s going on, in the continuing Brightest Day saga. If you spot anything too, let us know in the comments below!