#SDCC: DC: Superman: Two Worlds panel
It’s going to be an exciting year for the Man of Steel: Superman group editor Matt Idelson, writers Geoff Johns (Adventure Comics, Superman: Secret Origins), Greg Rucka (Action Comics), James Robinson (Superman), Sterling Gates (Supergirl), and Renato Guedes (Superman) discussed what the future holds for the current New Krypton status quo and answered fan questions. CBR has the liveblog, but here are some highlights:
- “Hunt for Reactron” will be a Supergirl/Action
crossover in October, with both series co-written by Gates and Rucka
for the arc. “It’s a big story with a lot of big, crazy action. And a
lot of fighting,” Gates said.
- Geoff Johns briefly ran down what would appear
in Adventure Comics, drawing laughter when he mentioned “the good
Teen Titans.” He also said, “If you don’t like Krypto, don’t read our
- The final three issues of the 12-issue World of
New Krypton will be an arc tying together developments on Earth with
those on New Krypton.
- “Coming out of ‘Codename Patriot,’ we’re going to finish the finish
the book up to #700, with ‘Mon-el, Man of Valor,’ which will see him
return darker, with a new purpose, and a new costume.”
- The Superman Annual will be about the history of Daxam with art by Javi Pina.
- Sterling Gates mentioned September’s Supergirl Annual, which is
the origin of Superwoman. “Secret Files” comes out in conjunction with
“Codename Patriot,” with art by Jamal Igle, Francis Manapul, and more.
- “You’ll see every Legion in Adventure Comics eventually,” Johns said.
There’s a lot more at the liveblog, so go forth.