April Fools Day 2009 Round-Up
Yep, it was that time of year again. The highlights:
- THE BEAT » Blog Archive » BIG NUMBERS to conclude
- ThinkGeek :: Tauntaun Sleeping Bag and the Unicorn Chaser. Just the thing to have handy after reading Warren Ellis’s web site. Just in case.
- Lots of Batman sequel news: Troubling details of Nolan’s ‘Shadow of the Bat’ revealed, JoBlo Excl: Batman sequel news, Nolan Fans | A Fansite for and by fans of Christopher Nolan: "Inception" Delayed, "Batman Redemption" Announced.
- The Philadelphia Science Fiction Society (PSFS) is now changing its name to usher in a new era of unlimited imagination, exceptional experiences and greater entertainment that paves the way for it to truly become a global lifestyle brand in Philadelphia. The new name chosen to let everyone know that the group is about Science Fiction, is in Philadelphia, and is a group that welcomes in young hipsters, is: The Science Fiction of Philadelphia Youth Set (SFPhilYS).
- Obama Depressed, Distant Since ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Series Finale
- Warner Bros. Acquires The Pirate Bay | TorrentFreak. And then the first major find on torrent sites is Fox’s Wolverine. "That’s for taking 8.5% of Watchmen, you bastards!"
- Locus Online: Clarion and Syfy to Collaborate, Timothy Egan and Kelly Link to Collaborate, Semicolon is Retired, and Mashup Frenzy.
- Cupcakes of DOOM! Pirates & Penguins humor adventure! Yarg!
- The Boba Fett Fan Club closes.
- From Norway with Love: Steven Seagal becomes James Bond. JAMESBOND.NO – Alt om agent 007
- BD Horror News – Not Only is ‘Cloverfield 2’ Happening…It’s Filming Right Now! Great: Cloverfield 2: The Clovening.
- No ‘Heroes’ Season 4!!!!111 : HeroesARG
- The Hobbit…..TRILOGY?! | Hobbit Movie News and Rumors | TheOneRing.net™ | The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Movie News and Rumors
- Rising talent and fan favorite inks long term deal | Marvel.com News
- The Daily Cross Hatch » The New Daily Cross Hatch
- NCNorCal Announces City of Heroes: Golden Age
- And most intriguingly, Steven Grant consults for Hollywood types on 20th Century Fox buying DC Comics.
And of course, we have our contributions:
- He has come again… or at least his logo has
- Bendis & Maleev to adapt ‘Waiting For Godot’ for Marvel Classics
- Alan Moore takes ‘Watchmen’ movie money to sue DC for print rights reversion
- Harlan Ellison forms ‘Comic Book Legal Offense Fund’ in wake of Watchmen lawsuit
- Glenn Hauman to leave ComicMix to become nude model
Amazingly, one of those five articles is true. You’ll find out which in less than a month.
Did we miss any? What were your favorites?