ComicMix Quick Picks – March 1, 2009
Today’s list of quick items:
- Secret Lives of Comic Store Employees from Wired: The horrifying thought to me is that I recognized most of the stores from the pictures before I even looked at the captions. And, yes, I regularly shop at three of the New York ones. Hi, Olive!
- George R.R. Martin sends a note to his detractors. And yes, someone is complaining about him taking time to write the note.
- Navy report warns of robot uprising, suggests a strong moral compass.
- We already noted that Michel Gondry would direct Seth Rogen’s Green Hornet. If you aren’t familiar with Gondry’s work, here are The 10 Best Michel Gondry Videos Ever, according to PopEater.
- And Then Paul Kupperberg Wrote A Blog… and you clicked through and read it. And his column at ComicsCareer.Com too.
- Watchmen Director’s Cut coming in July: Entertainment Geekly
- And ‘Watchmen’ suit puts producer in odd position:
"Of all the people watching how "Watchmen" does at the boxoffice, Larry Gordon might have the most complicated feelings. The veteran producer has an A-list backend deal on Warner Bros.’ R-rated graphic novel adaptation and stands to gain financially if it becomes a hit. But if Warners has its way, Gordon also could be on the hook to Warners for a hefty percentage of the film’s grosses based on his role in the legal debacle that ended with Fox owning a piece of the "Watchmen" property."
- Remember, Best Buy’s Anime Close-out Stores starts today.
- And finally, Christan Bale and Joaquin Phoenix at the IFC Spirit Awards
Anything else? Consider this an open thread.