ComicMix Columns & Features for the Week Ending August 17, 2008
You know, it’s not like the Olympics broadcasters on NBC get paid to talk for a living or anything. I actually heard one of them exclaim, after Michael Phelps won his record-breaking eighth gold of these 8-8-08 Games, "This has never happened before, and may never happen before!" I immediately looked around for a TARDIS. Then again, I keep confusing "Citius, Altius, Fortius" ("Faster, Higher, Stronger") with the opening from the Six Million Dollar Man ("better… faster… stronger") anyway, so there you are. Meanwhile, ComicMix columnists have been jumping some hurdles of our own for you:
- Mike Gold – Brainiac On Banjo: Comics Out Of The Closet
- Dennis O’Neil – The Four-Color Answer: Is Hillary Clinton Really The Thing?
- Me – It’s All Good: Unscripted
- John Ostrander – Tales From The O-zone: A Matter of Opinion
- Michael Davis – Straight, No Chaser: If You’re Not There, You Just Won’t Get It, Part 2
- Andrew Wheeler – Manga Friday: The Naughty Bits
- Martha Thomases – Brilliant Disguise: Mark Phelps, Darra Torres, Aquaman and Me
How can geeks be this into international competition? Well, when else are you gonna see dressage and badminton and water polo and trampoline? At least, in between the endless bouts of beach volleyball?