ComicMix Columns & Features for the Week Ending July 20, 2008
With Dark Knight blowing all other movie premieres out of the water, comics continue to be front and center in the public consciousness. What better way to celebrate that than being a part of the hottest ticket around? ComicMix contributors will be at San Diego (headquartered at Insight Studios’ booth #3208) along with many of you; stop by and say hi to many of the luminaries listed below! Here’s what we’ve had for you this past week:
- Mike Gold – Whizzy’s Wazoo: Comics’ Greatest Enigma
- Rick Marshall – Doctor Who In Review: Season Four, Episode #10 – Midnight
- Dennis O’Neil – The Four-Color Answer: The Knows Have It
- Me – It’s All Good: Filthy Lucre
- Alan Kistler – ComicMix Six: Greatest Joker Victories
- John Ostrander – Tales From The O-zone: Experiencing Grief
- Van Jensen – The Weekly Haul: Comics Reviews for July 17, 2008
- Van Jensen – This Week in Trinity: Part 7
- Michael Davis – Straight, No Chaser: Fae Desmond Saves The World
- Andrew Wheeler – Manga Friday: High School!
- Martha Thomases – Brilliant Disguise: Final Countdown to San Diego Secret Crisis
Have a great time out west, everyone who’s going!
Actually the booth number in San Diego is #2308 – Insight Studios/ComicMix – that's #2308!
I've looked on the convention map- it's a great location!
It is a lovely location. We have a clear view of the harbor and the neighbors are so nice. There is limited parking, of course, but we do have that BATMAN movie trailer playing constantly across the way.
could be worse, you could be that close to the Marvel booth and all their scream inducing antics!
I will say this – if you find yourself stuck in one of the backwaters of the convention center, where all air conditioning has been sucked out of the room – come on over to booth #2308 where we are always cool! Really – the air conditioner is cranked so high over our booth that Terry Moore and I joke each year about how food will not spoil in our booths (STRANGERS IN PARADISE is right next to the INSIGHT STUDIOS/COMICMIX booth). Of course – that's not to mention how naturally cool we all are :)
Alright now fellas, (YEAH!)Now what's cooler than being cool? (ICE COLD!) I can't hear ya'!I say what's cooler than being cool? (ICE COLD!)Whooo…Alright, alright, alright, alrightAlright, alright, alright, alrightAlright, alright, alright, alrightAlright, alright!OK, now ladies, (YEAH!)And we gon' break this thing down in just a few secondsNow don't have me break this thing down for nothingNow I wanna see y'all on y'all baddest behaviorLend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!Ahh, here we go!– Hey Ya by Andre 3000