NY Times Goes Behind the Scenes With ‘The Dark Knight’
The Sunday edition of The New York Times included a special bonus for comic book and movie fans: a great in-depth article with Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins and its upcoming sequel, The Dark Knight.
Feeling grim that you missed it? As the Joker would say in The Dark Knight promo poster "Why so serious?" You can read the article on the Times website.
Highlights from the article include:
- The Dark Knight cost $180 million
- Nolan on the previous Batman films: "If the people who are making the film aren’t taking it seriously, why should we?"
- The cast and crew commenting on the late Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker
- Gotham will have a new bright, shiny look to contrast when the city is thrown into chaos
- Nolan’s home is just down the street from 1960s TV Batcave entrance
- 30 minutes of the movie were shot with IMAX cameras, including the entire opening (a first for any major motion picture)