OK, so we get a little sappy this time of year. Just bear with us and accept ComicMix Radio’s gift of some cool web links. And in the spirit of giving, a few of these haven’t even made it to the podcast yet!
• In two days, a lot of us should be treated to the first new Doctor Who adventure in months when the BBC airs this year’s Christmas special (and the Internet Fairies drop it somewhere online). In the meantime, did you know there is an online adventure calendar poster here. If this doesn’t put you in the mood for more Who, nothing will.
• As we told you on Saturday, Shadowline is creating a contest geared toward writers to create a super-heroine for the 21st Century. The character will be 100% creator-owned as all Image and Shadowline books are (trademark and copyright to be shared by writer and artist). The winning entry will be featured in their own self-titled three issue mini-series to be drawn by Franchesco!, artist for She-Dragon and Green Lantern Corps Quarterly. Contest will be divided into three parts and for Round One: Contestants e-mail a BRIEF one paragraph story synopsis by January 31, 2008 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stories/concept must be original with original characters. No pre-existing characters may be used unless owned by contestant.
• Eight will be the magic number for Lost, meaning that’s the total number of episodes we get due to the writer’s strike, but then again you probably knew that. Did you know there is a new trailer for season four playing in select movie theaters or you can catch it here?
• It worked for Star Trek, and it even worked for Jericho. If you want to join the cause to save NBC’sJourneyman, go here.
• Forget to send out cards this year? There are always last minute e-cards and NBC has cool ones from the office you can grab here.
• If you are tired of looking at that Batman prologue over and over again online, there is a new minute clip from J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfieldhere. TV ads should kick in this week as well, so watch for those.
Beyond the presents and lights, it is hard to imagine that we are just over a week from closing the book on 2007. What comics were among your favorites this year? Catch ComicMix Radio when we pose that question to a number of creators and we think you’ll be surprised at what you hear! In the meantime, Merry Of The Merriest and we’ll see you here on Christmas Day!