Getting wind of what’s been happening
Once again we’re away from Second City comic book happenings here in the First City, but at least we can all share Chicago nickname puns as well as the Perseid meteor showers this evening from pretty much wherever we live. That, and the ComicMix columns from this past week:
- Mike Gold – Whizzy’s Wazoo #26: Only Reliable No More
- Dennis O’Neil – The Four-Color Answer? #26: One Upon a Time
- Me – It’s All Good #25: World Enough and Time
- John Ostrander – Off in the O-Zone #26: America, George Bush and … Marvel Comics?
- Michael Davis – Straight, No Chaser #26: You’ll never work in this town again
- Martha Thomases – Brilliant Disguise #17: Hot Fun in the Summertime
- Michael A. Price – Forgotten Horrors #17: Can’t Get Enough of B.T.K.
As you might expect, Mellifluous Mike Raub is in attendance at WizWorld Chicago, meaning more Big ComicMix Broadcasts than usual:
- #79 – August 7
- #80 – WW Chi Preview – August 9
- #81 – WW Chi Day 1 – August 10
- #82 – WW Chi Day 2 – August 11
The interesting thing about many vacations is how much you want to do at the beginning and how little you’ve done at the end. Mine has gone according to plan in terms of reading (see my column linked above) but not writing. Ah well, maybe next time…