The Wide World of Comics!
Chris’s Invincible Super-Blog continues its mission of annotating every single “Anita Blake” comic – this time, it’s The First Death #1.
The Oregonian picks on comics commentator Douglas Wolk.
Novelist Lewis Shiner introduces modern graphic novels to the readers of the News & Observer.
The Wichita Eagle looks at the growing field of Christian graphic novels.
Dana has her weekly Marvel Comics reviews at Comics Fodder.
Comic Book Resources has their usual weekly explanation of everything that happened in Countdown – this time, issue #41.
The Beat has extensive graphs and lists of DC Comics’s sales in June, compared to previous months, last year, and everything else you can think of.
Comics Reporter reviews Lat’s Town Boy.
Greg Hatcher, at Comics Should Be Good, recommends the non-comics, non-fiction anthology I Have To Live With This Guy!, which collects interviews and profiles of the wives/girlfriends/partners of a whole bunch of comics creators – and then talks a bit about his own Significant Other.
Your recent Savage Critics reviews:
- Graeme McMillan on three Avengers-related books
- Diana Kingston-Gabal on The Order #1
- Jog on Justice League of America #11
- Jeff Lester on Jason Shiga’s graphic novel Bookhunter
- McMillan on Wolverine: Origins Annual #1
- Johanna on Captain America, The Order, and The Spirit
- and Douglas Wolk on a minicomic called Do Not Disturb My Waking Dream.
Ain’t It Cool News reviews some recent comics, such as Tek Jansen and the re-launch of Thor.
Publishers Weekly’s current crop of children’s book reviews includes the graphic novel Clubbing, by Andi Watson and Josh Howard.