April’s Fool round-up
Man, I’m disappointed in you guys.
We were expecting lots of joke entries from all over the web — you know, Joe Quesada buys Forbidden Planet, Jenette Kahn buys down coat filled with Donald Duck’s feathers, Classics Illustrated adapts Portnoy’s Complaint, Rob Liefeld reads an anatomy textbook — but no. Nothing from the regular comics haunts.
C’mon, I know April Fool’s day was the same day as Palm Sunday, but we all know it’s all Jews in the comics industry anyway. (And stop trying to convince us that Macdonald isn’t a Jewish name, Heidi.)
Luckily, we were able to find a few items:
- Neil Gaiman on the fast track for sainthood
- Freddie Prinze Jr. cast as the Riddler and Paris Hilton cast as Supergirl
- Pixar doing a live action version of John Carter of Mars
- Americans defeat Russians in the first space quidditch match.
- Captain Canuck killed by an assassin’s bullet
And we tried to do what we could, but sadly, we accidentally put a real piece in with our April Fool’s coverage. We’re sorry, and promise to do less real news next year.